My Thoughts On IT…

Brian Lewis's Thoughts on all things Information Technology related

Browsing Posts in Community

We’re in the 2nd cycle of the WP7 User Group sweepstakes and I would like your help in promoting to the community. Remind developers in your community to submit their WP7 app entries to win 1 of 10 “unlocked Samsung Focus” phones.  The 2nd contest cycle closes on Mar. 31st, –AND the odds of winning […]

It is always interesting in a large organization, like Microsoft, because there are a lot of really great things the company does that most people don’t know about. For example in my last post I had stumbled across the Elevation of Privilege (EoP) Card Game card game. Well today I stumbled across the Microsoft Health […]

How will your IT organization consider using “the cloud”?  Is there even an option for you; and if so, what does it look like? Next month we start our new series of events focusing on how IT is being transformed into a dynamic, service-based resource for your business.  To do this you need to not […]

Starting in March 2011, we’re rolling out a series of 12 Web Camps in the Central US.  Microsoft’s Web Camps are events designed to teach you all about building websites using ASP.NET MVC, WebMatrix, OData and more. We’ve held Web Camps all around the world over the past few years, but we’re taking them to […]

Starting February 3rd Microsoft started offering Alias email addresses in their hotmail service. I have set one up that I will use for spam. For me this is an awesome ability because I can have one email account and use an alias for all the junk that require an email. When I start to receive […]

My friends at X-Centric Solutions, a Microsoft Partner, are delivering a presentation on Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 and “expecting more from your email”. They are a great group of knowledgeable people so come on in and learn about Exchange 2010! When you ask? Tuesday, March 30, 2010 2:30 PM – 4:30 PM https://www.clicktoattend.com/invitation.aspx?code=146457

You may be a Tech Whiz on Windows 7…but ‘Are You Certifiable?’  Test your technical prowess against other IT Professionals and Developers from around the world.  Show them who’s in command and fight for your right to stay in the coveted top spot on the leaderboard!  Don’t delay…hundreds of questions await you along with the […]

There are two very cool enhancements in Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 that were detailed today. They are both very important technological enhancements to the services offered in Windows Server!  They are: Remote FX: With Microsoft RemoteFX, users will be able to work remotely in a Windows Aero desktop environment, watch full-motion video, enjoy Silverlight animations, […]

I have been asked for the PowerPoints from my March 9th and 11th presentations: Understanding Azure for the IT Pro Hyper-v building the Ultimate test network Lite touch Deployment of Windows 7 Using the MDT 2010.   Find the slides here: http://bit.ly/8Y03XA

Purchase, install, and activate a qualifying Office 2007 product between March 5, 2010, and September 30, 2010, and you’ll be eligible to download Office 2010 at no additional cost. Receive an e-mail reminder when Office 2010 is available for download. http://bit.ly/125Qg